I’ve been writing software for quite a while now, and it’s about time I started thinking about something I’ve neglected – internationalization. It’s generally a simple matter – make sure that all pieces of text you have in your software are gathered in a single place, provide different versions of those texts for different languages, and let the user choose their preferred language. Usually it becomes more complicated than that, but it’s about time I’ll have at least the basic stuff working.
I don’t know why I’ve delayed it for so long, but now I finally did it – I added a language choice to Terramancers, which is now available in both English and French. Which means that from now on, everything I publish will be available in every language I’ll be able to translate it to.
By the way, this is a very appropriate time for this – I had just finished my first full-length book in French (and quite a nice book it was). I’m still far from fluent, but it will probably be possible soon to start calling me trilingual.
 I’m sure some experts would punch their monitors after seeing internationalization defined like that. But for a small game, I really don’t think any more than that is necessary. It gets more complicated with bigger software.